Requesting migration for desktop list

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 28 21:08:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 11:07:35AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> A few people on the WG asked me to contact you to opt-in the desktop@
> list for migration to Mailman3/Hyperkitty.  Would you like this filed
> as a ticket somewhere for your records, or do you handle it ad-hoc?

Might this be an opportunity to also migrate the Workstation WG to a
separate "workstation" list? I think keeping the existing list made
sense when there was the possibility the that Workstation edition might
actually include several different desktop technologies, and might even
have had a different name or branding. But now, it seems mostly
confusing (both because people end up in the wrong place, and because
it muddles the message).

If everyone else thinks it's working fine and that that'd be
unnecessary confusion, no problem. But it seems like this'd be a decent
time to do it if there's to be a change. (For what it's worth, we
renamed the former advisory-board list twice with no negative
consequences that I can see.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>