Requesting migration for desktop list

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 30 13:11:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:45:35PM -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> Well, my concerns would be:
>
> 1) either, we wouldn't get old archives in hyperkitty if we renamed the list
> or
> 2) old links to archives would break
> 3) people's mail filters will break.
>
> But maybe we can solve those problems somehow?

With the switch for the Board -> Council lists, Kevin left the old
archives in place _and_ migrated them to the new list, solving 1 and 2.
However, #3 would be unavoidable - although, with enough warning, not
necessarily a problem. People might want to update their filters and
subscriptions anyway. (And, for that matter, going to Mailman 3 will
break many people's filters no matter what, since many of the header
names and formats changed.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>