oops! Something went wrong, and gnome can't recover

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 05:02:44 UTC 2015

hi all
I'm asking hear on behalf of a couple of blind and disabled users that
have been trying to get fedora and sonar working on their laptops, but
they report that as soon as the live systems boot up and they log in or
the gnome desktops load, gnome immediately presents them with this
dialog. I've seen this once or twice on my machine, and the only choice
is to log out and then log back in. I'm writing hear to see if any gnome
developers can give me some pointers as to what might be happening so I
can try to fix this in sonar, and give them instructions on how to work
around it in fedora. Most of them are using macs, which I don't own. One
person says he gets this dialog if he doesn't have a screen connected.
I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with video card support?
The one and only mac I have access to both fedora and sonar have worked
flawlessly on, including wifi, sound and bluetooth.  What causes this
dialog to show up, and are there workarounds? Thoughts?
Thanks
Kendell clark