Let's reconsider some more applications installed by default

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Sep 1 00:08:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-08-28 at 15:38 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Do you have a deadline in mind?  It would be massively helpful to
> know
> if you are discussing the items below for the F23 or F24 timeframe.

I'm going to propose:

* Drop Shotwell and Transmission for F23. These seem like low hanging
fruit.

* Discuss Devassistant with upstream; keep for F23. I think I'll
probably propose removing it for F24, but let's talk with upstream
first.

* Further discussion for Firefox and Evolution; keep them for F23. I'm
confident we can achieve at least somewhat better desktop integration
for these, but if we choose not to, I'm also confident that neither app
is essential for us.

* Leave sealert for now, pending functionality being merged into ABRT.
Revisit in a year or two if that doesn't happen as expected.

Michael