DevAssistant vs. Interface Guidelines (Applications installed by default)

Tomas Radej tradej at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 15:18:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

DevAssistant upstream here. We're acutely aware of the DA GUI not
conforming to the guidelines, and not only for that reason, we intend to
drop it entirely and replace it with an in-house Web UI for Fedora 24.
The replacement is a part of the larger effort of converting DA to a
client/server model, which is underway, and should be ready for F24.

If, then, there is someone willing to write a GTK-based GUI client for
DA from scratch (the current GUI will not be usable at all due to
reworked architecture), we'll be more than happy to help them make it
happen (We already have some design sketches from Mizmo, so the design
part is taken care of). Mind you that none of us really understands GTK,
PyGObject, and the like, so it's the inner workings we can help with
rather than making the GUI itself. We'll have a public DA server API out
soon, so I can point the person to it once it's done.

In any case, we're very much interested in DevAssistant staying
installed by default, so we'd like to work this out before the actual
suggestion of dropping it makes it to the table. If you have any
questions or comments, please post to
devassistant at lists.fedoraproject.org, or come to #devassistant at Freenode.

Cheers,

--