DevAssistant vs. Interface Guidelines (Applications installed by default)

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Sep 4 18:41:12 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-04 at 18:37 +0200, Tomas Radej wrote:
> Here's the outline:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devassistant/2015-September
> /000086.html

"Running "da-gui" will then open your default browser pointed to
localhost:port where the web app will reside."

I think we can work with this plan. da-gui sounds good for spins, but
for Workstation we would want to use a GNOME web app. We would need to
think a bit about how to package a web app so that it can be installed
using RPM, which we haven't done before, but I don't think this will
present any significant challenges. (We might need some small changes
in Epiphany and GNOME Software to make sure removal works properly.)

If you haven't used GNOME web apps before, you can install a few like
Twitter and Facebook using GNOME Software, or install one for any
arbitrary site using Epiphany (via the menu in the upper-right section
of the title bar).

Michael