Atomic Workstation (Was: Re: Call for agenda for Workstation WG meeting 2015-Sept-02)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Sep 8 20:02:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor at redhat.com> wrote:

>And on the other hand, it doesn't provide the
> biggest advantage that we can offer to users: the assurance that we've
> actually tested not just individual packages that we're installing on
> the system, but the actual same operating system that they are running.

Why is this not adequately solvable with the exist repo system by
adding, e.g.  "validated" and "validated-testing" repos? Then people
who want the old way still use fedora+updates, testers additional use
updates-testing; and those who want the new way use fedora+validated
and testers use validated-testing?

--
Chris Murphy