Darktable Copr

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:10:20 UTC 2015

On 09/10/2015 05:42 AM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> On 09/09/15 03:33 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> I'm extremely hesitant to go down the route of removing applications
>>> from Fedora due to packaging guideline issues, then turning around and
>>> making them available in coprs and featuring them in Software. That
>> To be clear, Darktable was retired on the f23 and master branches this
>> afternoon.  If you want to feature it in Software, you need to use the
>> Copr for F23.
>>
> Really? As a maintainer of Design Suite Labs, I am surprised Darktable
> was retired while the package is still accessible on Fedora 23 and one
> of highlight of the spin.

I am sad and disappointed how this went down. This is a package that
Workstation is clearly interested in, as various people pointed out in
the FESCo meeting. Yet, the decision to drop it was rushed without
consulting the Workstation WG or even asking the package maintainers
(madko in Fedora, ohaessler in EPEL) to come to the meeting to discuss this.

And it all went down in less than 8 hours, from the filing of the FESco
ticket to the blocking of the package.

Kalev, sad panda.