Darktable Copr

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 10 13:16:38 UTC 2015

On 09/10/2015 08:40 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> One step in from that are the curated COPR repos. Specifically, those
> applications that are self-contained within their repository and do
> not alter any part of the platform. This is a good place to put
> software like Chromium, PyCharm or Darktable. Packages that aren't
> going to meet our strict guidelines (and don't really need to in order
> to be useful). In general, we'd want keep this to a small list of
> upstreams that are reasonably good at keeping themselves patched for
> security bugs, of course.

If this is a "step in" from the randomness of the outermost copr repos,
has any consideration been given to them being enabled by default? I am
concerned that we're going to have some very valuable apps in this
curated copr space that are going to prove difficult for the very users
who want to use them most (less technical users trying out fedora
perhaps for the first time) to be able to get them installed.

I'm guess still unclear on what the F23 darktable installation
experience is going to be like, I guess. Can anybody point to or a
provide a write up step-by-step of what that experience is going to look
like?

~m