Our sandboxed apps won't really protect users

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 15:35:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 06:07 -0500, kendell clark wrote:
> hi
> I've been following this thread for a while, and I've got a couple of
> questions. Will this xdg-app export to, or be able to grant access
> to,
> accessibility tools, such as orca?

With the way a11y is currently set up, we will have to do a tiny
amount of extra plumbing to make the accessibility bus available
inside the sandbox. That is not hard at all. Unfortunately, it will
probably give apps a way out of the sandbox, so we should look at ways
to limit the access the a11y bus from inside the sandbox to just 'send
events and receive commands'.

Alex, have you looked at this ?