Workstation WG meeting call for agenda 2015-Sep-30

Jens-Ulrik Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 09:08:49 UTC 2015

Hi, I have been meaning to bring the following topic up for a while now.

- GUI for langpack installation

I'd like to have some discussion about UX of/UI for the installation
of langpacks.
Jiri and I discussed this a little at FUDcon Pune, where he told me
it is a problem for users of libreoffice etc since we don't ship
langpacks in the Workstation Live image or have a nice way
to get them installed post-installation.

Currently users can do it by hand by running "dnf langinstall".

We could also discuss this first on list.
In that case I could start a new thread.

 From the GNOME UX point of view perhaps handling it in gnome-initial-setup
would be the most natural since initial user language setup is done there.
(On the downside this would not help non-GNOME users,
but probably it is good enough approach for Fedora Workstation.
The real problem may be if upstream would accept such a feature there.)

Maybe there is a better approach?  For example in gnome-software?

Jens