0.9.0 proposal: Dropping default assistant set and leveraging "assistant index"

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 09:28:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,
so I've been thinking about this for a while - we should drop the default set of assistants. There's not enough manpower to put all the features that we like into all assistants that we have in default assistant set (sometimes we don't even have time to maintain the default set to work flawlessly with what's already there). So, let's drop it and leverage the central assistant index (after we actually have it of course).
Essentially, DA should be a tool/framework that users will install without assistants. Then they'll get their assistants from the central index with command like "da get someassistant" and then they'll be able to use these assistants.
I'm CCing Miro, who is working on the packaging side of things and on the index - Miro, could you sum up your progress and provide us with the links to repos, etc., so that we all know what's going on?
Comments/thoughts?

Thanks,
Slavek.

--