Improving DevAssistant: 100 GitHub Stars Beer Competition
bkabrda at redhat.com
Sat Feb 7 08:27:40 UTC 2015
following my yesterday's announcement during DevConf presentation (*), I'm now announcing the "DevAssistant 100 Github Stars Beer Competition" also here. Read on if you want to improve DevAssistant and get a beer out of it :)
I've been noticing that the number of DevAssistant's Github stars has been growing for some time, counting 80 at this moment. That's not bad, people know about us!
Being a "BDFL"  for DevAssistant, I like when it's being noticed. I also like when it gets patches from wider community, when it gains new features or gets a bug fixed.
Therefore I'm annoucing the "DevAssistant 100 GitHub Stars Beer Competition".
Q: What is it about?
A: The competition is meant to make DevAssistant a better tool, to attract more developers and grow the community.
Q: How do I take part in the competition?
A: That's very easy! You don't have to sign anywhere or tell anyone. Just do one of these things before DevAssistant gets 100 GitHub stars:
1) Send a pull request that implements a nice feature, adds documentation or fixes a non-trivial bug (I will be the one deciding whether the new feature is nice enough or bug is complex enough :)). It's entirely up to you what you implement - if we accept the pull request and it's non-trivial, you win!
2) Create a great assistant , upload it to DAPI and have it among first 10 "Top rated daps", while also having it among 10 "Most rated daps" on DAPI  on the day that DevAssistant gets 100 stars.
3) Have a presentation about DevAssistant and send me your slides and a picture of you presenting.
Q: Do only DevAssistant contributions count?
A: No. All contributions to following projects will be evaluated:
- https://github.com/devassistant/devassistant # DevAssistant core
- https://github.com/devassistant/dapp # DevAssistant PingPong
- https://github.com/devassistant/dapi # DevAssistant Package Index
- https://github.com/devassistant/devassistant-landing-page # devassistant.org landing page
- Creating DevAssistant PingPong protocol implementation for a scripting language of your choice (but you must be the first one for that language)
Q: Where's the beer in that?
A: I'll invite everyone who fullfills one of the above criteria for a beer (or, if there's a little chance that we'll ever meet, I'll try mailing you a great beer).
Q: What if I don't like beer?
A: If you don't like beer, you can choose a different beverage, assuming it won't cost me a little fortune.
Q: When does the competition start?
A: Right now!
I'll announce the winners here after we get the 100th GitHub star. I'm out of the competition, of course. I can buy myself a beer anytime I want and I don't even have to do any coding for that :)
Feel free to spread this message as much as you want! I just hope that it won't ruin me...
(*) The presentation seems to not have been recorded due to some problem...
More information about the devassistant