CVS mass-branching coming soon

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 00:38:04 UTC 2008

On Thursday of this week we will be mass branching CVS for F-10.  I
realize that this is a bit late, however it is the earliest we are
comfortable doing it given changes in pkgdb to facilitate the branching.

There will be an outage of CVS during the actual branching due to
disabling email delivery of cvs changes during the branching.  We don't
want any changes sneaking in during that time.  This outage is scheduled
to begin at 0300 UTC Friday Nov 7th.

Unfortunately we do not have a good estimate as to how long the outage
will last, however it should be much much quicker than previous outages
for mass branching.

If any plans change before now and then we will announce them, as well
as announce a reminder just prior to the outage.

Any questions can be asked on fedora-devel-list or #fedora-admin on
Freenode IRC.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!