Summer Coding 2010 ideas due 9 April

Karsten Wade kwade at
Tue Apr 6 15:20:50 UTC 2010

While we finish the Summer Coding 2010 page (,
it is past time for you all to let us know the problems you would like
to see solved by summer coding/internship students.  By Friday 09

Idea page is here:

How-to fill out an ideas page is here:

Let’s get this filled with serious ideas you are willing to mentor for
or help find the mentor.

Join the discussion list and be prepared to talk about your ideas or

If you were already a mentor and want to help with mentoring, such as
proposal reviews, let us know and join the mentors list.

Tracking these ideas is a PITA and in fact the lack of an ideas page
lead to us not getting in the Google Summer of Code this year.  This
is all part of a larger issue around tracking smaller ideas for
beginners and students, but for now this will have to do.

Anyone want to hack on, please help.  We’re hoping some
of the functionality we are handling manually may be included in
upcoming versions of OpenHatch.  If that direction gets us fruit, we
may use OpenHatch as an ongoing way to expose projects to students and
other new contributors.

(This email derived from my post at

- Karsten