Request for Comments: Fedora Project Contributor Agreement Draft (Replacement for Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement)

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 20:21:42 UTC 2010

Hello Fedora! (Is this thing on?)

Sorry for the very wide net, but we wanted to make sure as many members
of our community could see this as possible.

For some time now, Fedora has been working with Red Hat Legal to come up
with a replacement for the Fedora Individual Contributor License
Agreement (aka, the Fedora ICLA). As a result, the Fedora Project
Contributor Agreement (FPCA) has been approved by Red Hat Legal, and is
now being presented to the Fedora Community for comments and discussion.

The full text of the FPCA, along with a FAQ, can be found here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Revised_Fedora_CLA_Draft

Please, take a moment and read the FPCA and the FAQ. It is not a long,
or overly complicated document, as legal documents go, but it is
important that all Fedora Contributors read it over and make sure they
understand it and like it (or can at least agree to it).

Fedora Legal wishes to give the Fedora community a window of time for
discussion and review of the FPCA. This window is open until May 18,
2010 (2010-05-18). After that point, either a revised FPCA will be
released for review, or we will begin the process of phasing in the FPCA
and phasing out the Fedora ICLA.

Thanks in advance,

Tom "spot" Callaway, Fedora Legal

P.S. Fedora Legal would like to give a huge thank you to the people
involved behind the scenes to make the FPCA possible. The primary author
was Richard Fontana, with feedback from Tom Callaway, Pamela Chestek,
Paul Frields, and Robert Tiller. Feel free to give them gifts (for
example, drinks or tasty snacks) as thank yous, although, this is not a
requirement (legal or otherwise). ;)