Fedora 13 Release Candidate phase coming soon

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 29 21:43:33 UTC 2010

We will be entering the Release Candidate phase of Fedora 13 development
in one week's time.

What does this mean?  It means that we will have hopefully reached a
point where all known release blockers¹ have been fixed and we are read
to compose the final release tree.  The only changes accepted from this
point on will be changes deemed important enough to delay the release
should we not get them fixed in time.  It also means we will be opening
up bodhi for preparing 0-day updates for Fedora 13, changes which are
not important enough to delay the release.  This means that updates put
into bodhi and marked as "stable" will go to the stable updates
directory, not Fedora 13 itself.

If you have a change that you feel is critical to the release, make sure
your bug blocks F13Blocker so that it will get the attention of the
release team.  Builds that fix issues on the blocker will be hand picked
into the release and will bypass the bodhi stable phase.

This is the first time we'll be doing this phase of the development in
the new No Frozen Rawhide style of development, so there are bound to be
a few hiccups, and we are still drafting a wiki page to explain this
phase of the development.  Please bear with us as we work together to
get Fedora 13 out the door.

¹)
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=507681&hide_resolved=1
--