Call for Fedora 15 Test Days

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 15:58:58 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone! I've already spoken to some developers with big features
for F15 to arrange Test Days, but I just wanted to send out a general
call to remind developers that the Test Day process is available for any
big changes you have landing for F15 (or even little changes, we're not
fussy :>). Test Days are testing events where we co-ordinate a set of
test cases, and special test images if this is needed / helpful, and try
to get a group of testers plus developers online on IRC around the same
time to help do some well-organized testing with a short feedback loop
between testers and developers. The QA group can organize the event for
you (we just tell you when to show up on IRC), help you organize the
event, or get out of the way and let you do it yourself - whatever you
like.

Here's how the schedule looks so far:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_15_test_days

It's quite pencil-y right now, so if you really want one of the
already-taken days, we can probably arrange it. We can also run Test
Days on days other than Thursday if necessary, but we try not to run too
many in a single week, and stick to Thursdays when we can as it's quite
a convenient day.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Here's the Test Day SOP, which tells you how to put a test day together:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey