Fedora 13 Branching (and thus freezing) tomorrow

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 06:53:37 UTC 2010

Tomorrow (or well the day after tomorrow to some of you) we will be
branching off F-13 in CVS.  This will start at 00:00 UTC on Feb 17.
After this point, when the outage ends, all builds for Fedora 13 will
happen from the F-13/ branch in CVS.  All builds must go through bodhi
in order to make it into Fedora 13.  When you submit your build to
bodhi, please push to testing first, as it will allow your peers to test
your update before it makes it into the Fedora 13 tree.

For those of you who maintain a critical-path package, net positive
karma from releng and/or QA plus at least one more net positive karma is
required before your package can move out of testing and into Fedora 13.
We're still working on the wiki documentation for all of this, but hope
to have a good chunk in place tomorrow.

Builds from devel/ will continue to be pushed to rawhide each night and
devel/ can be considered open for Fedora 14 development items.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan has some
info about the upcoming change and base information we'll use when
editing the other wiki pages.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!