Provenpackager and Sponsor guidelines change

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed May 12 05:00:46 UTC 2010

Greetings.

At today's fesco meeting we approved a change in the way we handle
provenpackager and sponsor nominations.

Old policy:

- Candidate files a ticket in the fesco trac instance.
- FESCo chair sends a email to sponsors for feedback.
- After a week FESCo looks at feedback and votes at their next meeting.

New Policy:

- Candidate files a ticket in the fesco trac instance.
- FESCo chair sends an email to sponsors.
- After a week, if more than 3 (three) sponsors provide positive
  feedback, the candidate is approved.
- If the candidate has any negative or veto votes, then FESCo looks at
  feedback at their next meeting and votes.

See https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/376 for more information, or
feel free to reply to me for any clarifications.

I think I have updated the parts of the wiki affected by this, please
let me know or just fix any you spot otherwise.

kevin