Fedora mini is now Fedora Mobility!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:07:09 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I ran a session with a group of interested people at FUDCon Zurich
titled "Fedora Mini, Moblin, MeeGo, Sugar..... oh my!" and there was a
great and interesting conversation between a number of parties
interested in Fedora on small devices. There were representatives from
Fedora people interested in the KDE NetBook spin, Moblin/MeeGo, Sugar,
ARM etc.

Part of that conversation was around the name of Fedora Mini and it
was decided that renaming the project to Mobility would better reflect
the interests and direction of the project.

I've been meaning to announce this ever since the always awesome
FUDCon but $paidjob took control again and I've not had the chance!

I've created the following wiki page here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mobility and there is already a
#fedora-mobility IRC channel. I'm planning on getting the mailing list
migrated (renamed or something!).

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,
Peter