We have reached Fedora 14 Feature Complete

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 21:30:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 15:46 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Thank you to all the feature owners and developers for all their hard
> work to make Fedora 14 the best Fedora release yet.  We are almost to
> the end!
>
> As a follow-up to last week's reminder
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000676.html
>
> ALL feature pages are now expected to be at 100% completion.  The
> following features are not listed at 100% complete and are being sent to
> FESCo (https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/468) for re-evaluation for
> inclusion in the Fedora 14 feature list if they remain incomplete:
[snip]

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MemoryDebuggingTools

I held off on saying "100%" there as I hoped to add C++ support to the
"what is this RAM being used for" heuristics.  Unfortunately that part
of it needs some optimization work before it can be enabled.  The rest
of the feature works, but has bugs, so I've marked it as 100%; C++
support deferred; I've updated the feature page accordingly, and I'm
working on improving the docs.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7

This is essentially done (given the caveat in the release notes on that
page), but a few stragglers are left to rebuild; some of them are
fiddly.  I believe that there's no significant risk to the release as a
whole from those; I hope to look at them later tonight/tomorrow.

Sorry about this (got bogged down in RHEL work)

[snip]

Dave