gtk2 2.99.0

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 20:00:33 UTC 2011

I have just tagged gtk3-2.99.0 into rawhide. There are abi and api
changes, so all dependent packages will have to be rebuilt (the most
obvious change is that the libraries are now called libg[dt]k-3.0.so
instead of libg[gt]k-x11-3.0.so).

There are a number of api changes that I am not going to list one-by-one
here, the following changes are relevant for packagers:

* gtk-update-icon-cache-3.0 and gtk-builder-convert-3.0 have been
dropped (since they were identical to their un-suffixed cousins in the
gtk2 package). If you are using gtk-update-icon-cache in %post of a
gtk3-using package, you should add
Requires(post): /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache
(and similar for %postun).

* The .pc files no longer define a 'target' variable, instead there is
a 'targets' variable which can contain multiple gdk backend names (for
now, it is still just 'x11', eventually it might change to be 'x11
wayland' or so). Some configure scripts use that variable to detect the
platform they are running on and will need adjustment.

I have built most packages that had a gtk3 dependency already, and
tagged them into rawhide. The following are the leftovers:

gtkmm30
libindicator-gtk3
tracker
gedit