New test case and package test plan creation SOPs in production: call for test cases!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 11 13:21:02 UTC 2011

Hi, everyone. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on the drafts for the
test case and package test plan creation SOPs. I have now put these SOPs
into production, at the following addresses:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_test_case_creation
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_package_test_plan_creation

I have created links to them from other places in the QA wiki space. It
would be nice to have them called out from within the developers/package
maintainers space, but I'm not sure where would be appropriate: does
anyone have suggestions?

Now these are in production, it would be great if people could start
contributing test cases for packages, particularly test cases covering
critical path functions. If you maintain a critical path package, please
take a look at these two SOPs, and consider contributing test cases
covering at least the critical path functionality of your package; this
would help us greatly, and contribute to the improvement of critical
path testing by the proven testers. For the QA group, please also
consider contributing critical path test cases - you don't have to be a
maintainer of a package to do it! If you know how to test the critical
path functionality of a given package, please read the SOPs, write up
test case(s) to do it, and categorize them appropriately. Thanks a lot!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey