Virtual Fedora Activity Day: Fedora Hosted 2.0 (2011-11-16 at 20UTC)
kevin at scrye.com
Mon Nov 14 18:47:00 UTC 2011
Fedora Infrastructure is in the planning stages for migrating
fedorahosted.org over to new hardware. As part of this planning we
would like to hold a Virtual Fedora Activity day in the #fedora-fad
IRC channel on freenode.
(or any other places that make sense after we organize in #fedora-fad)
Things we are going to work on/plan:
* Migrating fedorahosted.org to new hardware, possibly splitting it out
into multiple machines, and/or making it easier to migrate instances
around for capacity/other reasons.
* Migrating to a RHEL6 base OS, including newer trac, newer scms, and
newer software in general. Testing plans, checking what things
migrate nicely, etc.
* Migrating mailing lists over to our collab servers to reduce load on
hosted machines. Or perhaps a dedicated hosting mailing list machine.
* Making things easier to support or add new services.
* A plan for what machines/instances we need to install and what they
will be used for.
* A SOP for migrating a project from the old fedorahosted machine to
new one(s), listing step by step the process.
* A list of end developer/user visible changes and actions needed
(hopefully few to none).
* A deadline for migrating instances to the new setup.
If you are a developer that uses fedorahosted.org or have interest in
infrastructure and helping plan migrations, we would love to hear from
you. If you're unable to attend the vFAD, feel free to email me or the
infrastructure list with your ideas or suggestions.
Help us make fedorahosted the best place to host your code or project!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/attachments/20111114/bdd5d3e4/attachment.bin
More information about the devel-announce