F17 Beta to slip by an additional week.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 21:21:01 UTC 2012

At the Go/No-Go meeting it was decided to slip the Beta by an additional 
week[1]. Minutes follow below.

Though the QA team was able to get through all validation testing, it 
was found that preupgrade was not functioning at an acceptable level, 
thus becoming an additional blocker which prevents us from shipping RC3, 
and necessitating the creation of an RC4.

As a result, ALL MAJOR MILESTONES, and their dependent tasks, will be 
pushed out by one week. Beta will now be looking at an expected release 
of 2012-04-17, and F17 GA is now scheduled for 2012-05-22. This is the 
second one-week slip of beta.

Adjustments to the full F17 schedule have been completed and now reflect 
the above Beta and GA dates, and high-level milestones have been updated 
as well on the Schedule wiki page[3].

We will be meeting again next Wednesday  for another Go/No-Go meeting 
(2012-04-11.)  All hail our QA pals and the anacondanistas for their 
dedication (and many, many others as well).


[1] Minutes: 


[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Current_Release_Blockers

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule


#fedora-meeting-1: Go/No Go Continuation, Round Two, RC3, F17

Meeting started by rbergeron at 15:00:38 UTC. The full logs are
available at

Meeting summary
* Who's up  (rbergeron, 15:01:03)

* Test Results  (rbergeron, 15:11:31)
   * LINK:
     (rbergeron, 15:11:37)
   * LINK:
     (rbergeron, 15:12:11)
   * LINK:
     (rbergeron, 15:12:22)
   * AGREED: we are okay with the level of test coverage as of now on RC3
     (rbergeron, 15:16:31)

* Blockers  (rbergeron, 15:16:41)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=741594  (adamw, 15:18:19)
   * LINK: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=741594#c14
     (Martix, 15:18:54)
   * AGREED: 741594 does not hit any of the criteria and the cited
     scenarios are not significant enough to worry about delaying the
     beta  (adamw, 15:29:18)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810226  (adamw, 15:31:12)
   * LINK: http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/9198/   (adamw,

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810161  (adamw, 15:48:57)
   * AGREED: 810161 is rejected as a blocker because the impact is minor
     (it's essentially a cosmetic bug, desktop is still usable), also it
     only hits one specific virt configuration so it can at least be
     worked around. accepted as NTH and will be commonbugs'ed if we ship
     with it  (adamw, 16:13:56)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810289  (adamw, 16:14:24)
   * AGREED: #810289 is rejected as a blocker on the basis that we've
     never actually checked for low space on upgrade (and hence have
     implictly never considered it a blocking issue). anaconda will just
     try to upgrade and explode. so this isn't in fact a regression
     compared to earlier releases, and we don't have a specific
     requirement for a low space check in criteria or anywhere else.
     accepted as NTH  (adamw, 16:31:38)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810136  (adamw, 16:31:59)
   * AGREED: 810136 turns out to be a dupe of 810005, moving discussion
     (adamw, 19:45:37)

* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810005  (adamw, 19:45:42)
   * AGREED: 810005 is accepted as a blocker per criterion "The installer
     must be able to successfully complete an upgrade installation from a
     clean, fully updated default installation (from any official install
     medium) of the previous stable Fedora release, either via preupgrade
     or by booting to the installer manually. The upgraded system must
     meet all release criteria". the known workaround has too many
     limitations to be considered 'good enough'  (adamw, 19:53:23)

* Go or no-go?  (rbergeron, 19:54:12)
   * we have a blocker.  (rbergeron, 19:54:27)
   * qa votes no-go, as do various others from engineering, fesco, pm
     (rbergeron, 19:55:18)
   * AGREED: we are no-go on F17 Beta RC3 sadly  (adamw, 19:58:27)
   * ACTION: rbergeron to update schedule.... again  (rbergeron,
   * ACTION: rbergero to send slip mail  (rbergeron, 20:00:19)
   * ACTION: tflink to do blocker meeting mail following slip notice
     (rbergeron, 20:00:38)
   * ACTION: qa heroes of awesome to get some rest plz  (rbergeron,
   * ACTION: adamw to get a hole in one  (rbergeron, 20:03:23)
   * we will re-convene tomorrow or monday  (adamw, 20:08:56)

Meeting ended at 20:08:59 UTC.

Action Items
* rbergeron to update schedule.... again
* rbergero to send slip mail
* tflink to do blocker meeting mail following slip notice
* qa heroes of awesome to get some rest plz
* adamw to get a hole in one

Action Items, by person
* adamw
   * adamw to get a hole in one
* rbergeron
   * rbergeron to update schedule.... again
* tflink
   * tflink to do blocker meeting mail following slip notice
   * rbergero to send slip mail
   * qa heroes of awesome to get some rest plz

People Present (lines said)
* adamw (360)
EDITOR'S NOTE: Dude! It's like 360 degrees of adamw :)
* wwoods (99)
* rbergeron (91)
* tflink (56)
* bcl (54)
* nirik (49)
* Kevin_Kofler (37)
* ajax (32)
* Martix (19)
* rdieter_work (8)
* zodbot (6)
* cpuobsessed (5)
* pjones (5)
* ianweller (4)
* kalev (3)
* spot (3)
* satellit_laptop (1)
* pschindl_ (1)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot

More information about the devel-announce mailing list