Fedora 18 Feature Submission Deadline in one week (2012-07-24)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 16:35:59 UTC 2012

Hi!
This a friendly reminder that The Fedora 18 Feature Submission
Deadline is coming soon (maybe too soon for some of you;-) - see
the Fedora 18 Schedule [1] - and it's exactly in one week,
on Tuesday, July 24, 2012. After this date newly submitted
features will be targeted for Fedora 19 unless an exception
is granted by FESCo. So, think about the stuff you're working on
if it deserves the broader visibility within the release and
submit it as a feature, see Feature process Policy [2].

Feature Freeze follows in other next two weeks (2012-08-07) and
Features should be *substantially complete and in a testable state*
at this point [3].

Please take a look on accepted Fedora 18 Features so far to
check what's going to happen in Spherical Cow, if there are no
conflicts with your features or you have a cool idea how to extend/
help with the features itself.

Also - for the owners of already accepted features - please update
the current status of your feature (both completion percentage and
last updated date). I'll go through the list in a next few days to
update the main FeatureList page. After that time I can't promise
you a friendly reminder but...

Thanks for all for the amazing job!
Jaroslav
Your Feature Wrangler

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FeatureFreezePolicy
[4] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/FeatureList

Btw. in case you'll need a help with Feature, feel free to contact
me (email, ping etc.).