Fedora 18 Schedule reminders - Feature Submission and Feature Freeze deadlines

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 11:17:25 UTC 2012

A few important Fedora milestones reminders:

* Feature Submission deadline is *TODAY*, 2012-07-24 and you still
have a time to submit a new Feature proposal. Reminder: it has to be
in the ReadyForWrangler category, see [1].

* Feature Freeze is in two weeks from now, 2012-08-07. Please keep
in mind that it's the time when your feature has to be in *substantially
complete and in a testable state!* Check the Feature Freeze policy [2].

As we are already so far in the Fedora 18 development phase, please,
make sure to update your feature according to the current state -
completion percentage and the last update too. If you're *at risk* of not
making the Feature Freeze, please update your feature page accordingly
and let me know. The community can help a lot, communication is the
key. I've already contacted a few of you and expect more reminder emails
from me :) I'm constantly updating FeatureList according to your input
and approved features by FESCo.

You can check currently approved features [3] and see what's going
on in Fedora 18 lands.

Important note: the correct schedule is on Wiki [4], sorry for the
problems with generated TaskJuggler schedules and calendars. We
are working on fixing it with Robyn.

Jaroslav

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FeatureFreezePolicy