Proposed F19 Feature: OpenStack Grizzly

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 18:35:42 UTC 2013

= Features/OpenStack Grizzly =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_Grizzly

Feature owner(s): Pádraig Brady <pbrady at redhat.com>

OpenStack will be upgraded to the next major stable release, called "Grizzly".
In addition the new OpenStack "heat" and "ceilometer" incubation projects will
be included.

== Detailed description ==
OpenStack is an open source cloud computing platform. It lets you set up your
own cloud infrastructure, similar to public clouds like Amazon EC2, Azure,
etc.

In Fedora 18 OpenStack Folsom was packaged and in Fedora 19 we aim to package
OpenStack "Grizzly", including both incubation projects "heat" and
"ceilometer"

Grizzly is not released yet, but is scheduled to be released roughly over the
same development period as Fedora 19, and we are working closely with upstream
to ensure this happens.