Proposed F19 Feature: AnacondaNewUI Followup
jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 14:15:31 UTC 2013
= Features/AnacondaNewUI Followup =
Feature owner(s): Chris Lumens <clumens at redhat.com>
The purpose of this feature is to describe the high level work items we have
for anaconda related to newui in F-19.
== Detailed description ==
* Add in advanced storage capabilities in to the UI (device filtering,
multipath/iscsi/zfcp/fcoe configuration, etc).
* Make system-config-kickstart work again. The removal of
iw/GroupSelector.py from anaconda caused it to break. (#859928)
* Move to a some tool that prevents or avoids the GTK+ redraw ugliness
(e.g., mutter). (#858684)
* Review UX design suggestions from different users and groups and
incorporate adjustments that make sense and work well with the overall design.
* Improve anaconda's threading. Right now it is difficult to tell what
thread a method is executing in and whether or not you can do GTK calls
directly. We need either a policy or a technical solution to this.
* Allow selecting multiple disks. (#864707)
* Allow a faster way of deleting everything on a disk. (#880686)
* Add repo needs to work.
* Updates checkbox needs to work. Needs backend code and then made visible
in the UI.
* Add new firstboot-type questions to the second hub (dependent on the
firstboot work, which is another feature).
* Expand text mode to offer more or the same installation options as the
graphical mode. We don't anticipate the text mode being capable of 100%
similarity to the graphical mode, but we want it to be closer than where it is
now. As it stands, it is comparable to the former reduced text mode in F-17
* Use the blivet storage module in anaconda once that code is broken out
in to a separate project (blivet is the name of the anaconda storage library
becoming a standalone Python module).
More information about the devel-announce