Proposed F19 Feature: KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.10
jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 16:33:44 UTC 2013
= KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.10 =
Feature owner(s): rdieter at fedoraproject.org, ltinkl at redhat.com,
than at redhat.com, jreznik at redhat.com
Rebase to KDE Plasma Workspace 4.10. including Plasma Desktop and Netbook
workspaces, the KDE Applications and the KDE Platform.
== Detailed description ==
New features overview
* KDE Plasma Workspaces, KDE Applications and KDE Platform 4.10
* based on top of Qt 4.8
* New Screen Locker, a new screen locking mechanism based on QtQuick brings
more flexibility and security to Plasma Desktop.
* Animated Wallpapers
* Qt Quick in Plasma Workspaces
* Improved Zooming in Okular
* New Print Manager plasma applet and settings module
* Faster indexing, improvements in the Nepomuk semantic engine allows faster
indexing of files.
* KWin supports global menu (appmenu-qt should be added to kickstart)
* New Apper plasma applet for better updates notifications
More information about the devel-announce