Planned Outage: koji storage move - 2013-07-18 21:00 UTC

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jul 10 19:26:38 UTC 2013

 Planned Outage: koji storage move - 2013-07-18 21:00 UTC

 There will be an outage starting at 2013-07-18 21:00 UTC, which will
 last approximately 24 hours.

 To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
 or run:

 date -d '2013-07-18 21:00 UTC'

 Reason for outage:

 We are moving our koji package storage from one backend device to
 another, which requires a final rsync of a lot of data. During this
 outage, koji will not be available to build or download packages from,
 and the 2013-07-19 rawhide compose will not occur.
 pkgs.fedoraproject.org will be available and you can commit changes,
 but no builds will be possible. Updates pushes will not happen in this
 window either.

 Additionally, we will be tweaking our koji database during this window
 to improve it's performance.

 Affected Services:

 Buildsystem - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/

 Unaffected Services:

 Ask Fedora - http://ask.fedoraproject.org/

 BFO - http://boot.fedoraproject.org/

 Blockerbugs - https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/

 Bodhi - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/

 GIT / Source Control - pkgs.fedoraproject.org

 DNS - ns-sb01.fedoraproject.org, ns02.fedoraproject.org,
 ns04.fedoraproject.org, ns05.fedoraproject.org

 Docs - http://docs.fedoraproject.org/

 Email system

 Fedora Account System - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

 Fedora Community - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/

 Fedora Calendar - https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/

 Fedora Hosted - https://fedorahosted.org/

 Fedora OpenID - https://id.fedoraproject.org/

 Fedora People - http://fedorapeople.org/

 Main Website - http://fedoraproject.org/

 Mirror List - https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/

 Mirror Manager - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/

 Package Database - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/

 QA Services

 Secondary Architectures

 Spins - http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

 Start - http://start.fedoraproject.org/

 Torrent - http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

 Wiki - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/

 Contact Information:

 Ticket Link:

 Please join #fedora-admin or #fedora-noc on irc.freenode.net or add
 comments to the ticket for this outage above.