including gnome 2.4 in next red hat release

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdslink.ro
Mon Aug 4 17:54:48 UTC 2003

On Lu, 2003-08-04 at 17:29, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> We are quite aware of Gnome 2.3, given that several of us are
> maintainers of core Gnome modules. This also means we are aware of the
> schedules involved
Yes. Talked with hp on irc after the rhl-beta release, he said including
it *might* be possible. This was just a reminder before the feature
freeze on August 8.

> However, Red Hat Linux is on a time-based schedule,
> and it was clear long ago that Gnome 2.4 would be released too late to
> be in the current release.
Thank you for clarification.

Well, maybe next rhl-beta will sync with gnome 2.6 enterprise ready :)

--
Marius Andreiana
Soluţii informatice bazate pe Linux / Linux-based IT solutions