X11 and -nolisten tcp [Re: How do I shut down this ports (fwd)]

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Aug 6 11:33:04 UTC 2003

Just a thought..

Is there any reason '-nolisten tcp' is not the default?  I haven't tested
but I think the SSH forwards work nonetheless; only if you use $DISPLAY to
direct output to your screen from remote machines you're likely in for
trouble -- but that should not typically be done anyway.

(only reason I can think of are those funky heavy graphics apps folks
claim are too slow over SSH)