dependency tool for RedHat

Arnaud Abelard arnaud.abelard at sciences.univ-nantes.fr
Thu Aug 7 16:48:58 UTC 2003

Hello,

RedHat Linux is one of the last modern linux distributions not to have a
dependency tool like apt-get, urpmi or autopkg included in the default
intstallation.

Is there any plans on including apt-get for example in the next releases?

Apt-get for rpm is GPL, even thought it still seems to lock the RPM db (on
RH9) it's pretty stable and would be a good choice.

I think that would be a really good point for RHL so have a kind of tool
like that. There's more and more rpm depositories for apt-get
(freshrpms.net, tuxfamily.org, etc) and people are starting to get used to
it.

Is there a way we could contribute and get apt-get perhaps, to be included
in the future releases?

Thanks,

Arnaud Abélard.