GNOME 2.4 in Cambridge

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 19:17:48 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:56:37PM -0600, Chris Ricker wrote:
> For those of us with NFS home dirs, is GNOME 2.4 supposed to work on two
> different machines at the same time off the same home dir? That, to me,
> would be the more useful objective....

It is if you enable TCP CORBA connections between the two machines,
or somewhat more dangerously if you use GCONF_LOCAL_LOCKS=1

Given that preliminary setup, the last bugs in multiple logins should
have been fixed in RHL 9.

But as Seth says the "real fix" is well-known and it's just a matter
of someone having time to implement it. It is certainly known that
opening TCP between machines isn't a great solution.

Havoc