Opteron / AGP

Dave Bevan dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 10:34:33 UTC 2003

Hi,

I guess this should partly be aimed at Dave Jones (ex. Suse, now Red Hat)
who has maintained AGPGART.

Is support for the AMD AGP Chipset - 8151 complete ? I was reading some
stuff that suggested that on a 'full' dual-Opteron rig (with AMD's AGP 8151,
PCI-X 8131 and IO 8111 controllers all in place), the AGP bus would not
always show up as PCI Device 0.

Any thoughts ?

Rgds,

-- Dave. BBC TV News, London, UK.