Gigabyte 8KNXP Mobo and Severn

Dave Bevan dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 21:27:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

My rig is working fine - above mobo + Nvidia Quadro FX1000 + P4
3.2+HT/800fsb, but I found this when checking thru dmesg:

[root at togdev1 log]# egrep -i "nvidia|agp" dmesg
1: nvidia: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 nvidia.o Kernel Module  1.0-4496  Wed
Jul 16 19:03:09 PDT 2003
Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 941M
agpgart: Unsupported Intel chipset (device id: 2578), you might want to try
agp_try_unsupported=1.
agpgart: no supported devices found.
0: NVRM: AGPGART: unable to retrieve symbol table
[root at togdev1 log]#

I'm using the NVIDIA module, not AGPGART, so the 'Unsupported Intel chipset'
does not bother me, but it might be an issue for someone else.

If reqd, I can supply full dmesg, /proc/pci etc, etc.

-- Dave. BBC TV News,, London, UK.

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
signify your consent to this.