acpi confusion

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Sun Aug 10 00:37:49 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 20:26, seth vidal wrote:
> > > so I read that site. very informative and useful. then I look at my
> > > system, booted without acpi=off in the kernel boot line, and I have none
> > > of the /proc entries of which they speak. Does that make sense?
> >
> > Well, if you have ACPI off, I wouldn't imagine the /proc entries would
> > be there.
>
> I said I did NOT have acpi=off which, I assume, means I have it on.
> I checked /proc/cmdline and grub - I definitely removed acpi=off

whoops.  sorry.  ^^;  in that case, you may not have it enabled int he
kernel config.  that seems most likely.

> > The configuration part of ACPI needs to be disabled int he kernel build,
> > btw - changing /proc entries is going to help for bootup sequence.  ;-)
>
> Can you restate this? I don't think I'm getting your meaning.
> -sv

I thought you wanted the /proc entries to disable ACPI.  sorry, further
misunderstanding.  when you enable ACPI in the kernel config, just only
enable the power management, which should let the laptop run properly,
without acpi messing up the sound card.

> --
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.