Automated Testing

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 10:15:18 UTC 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Paul Nasrat wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone does any automated testing/continuous
> integration with package trees and wondered what system setup you use.
>
> Theoretically you could pull rawhide, cvs ( cvsup for jbj ) and kick off
> package builds and run some tests.

We have an internal tool that does a mass rebuild test of the whole
distribution every night, by creating a chroot build environment from the
current package set, and then rebuilding all those packages inside that
chroot. Logs are saved from the build failures, and it all goes up on a
nice web page, etc.

At some point I'd like to start making the results public. Once the web
site gets sorted out, this will be easier to do.

-- Elliot
Humpty Dumpty was pushed.