FSDB

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Tue Aug 12 10:27:59 UTC 2003

Le mar 12/08/2003 à 06:56, seth vidal a écrit :

> That way the only trust you'd have in your local rpmdb is to tell you

About rpmdb, i have a question that you may find "stupid".
Important : i am not a hacker and my english is poor.

Why yum don't use something like rpmdb for the client part rather than
.hdr files ?

We can gain the power full of the rpm command line tool.
It should be great if yum and redhat-config-packages get on together to
store informations in rpmdb. So we will have all tools (rpm, yum,
redhat-config-packages) that use the same informations.

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias at free.fr>