up2date for testing (with apt/yum/dir repo support)

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Wed Aug 13 03:39:56 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:19, Adrian Likins wrote:
> http://people.redhat.com/~alikins/up2date/severn/
>
> New up2date for testing. Somewhat notable new
> feature of support for 3rd party yum and apt
> repos. See /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources for info
> on configuring them (docs to come).
>
> In addition to the apt/yum repos, it also
> now supports using a local dir of rpms as
> a "repo"
>
> Feedback appreciated (usually ;-> )

Hmm, it kept telling me that I had no channel for the Redhat release I
have.  (Rawhide.)

After uninstalling and reinstalling up2date, I know get this running any
rhn/up2date apps:

[root at stargrazer rhn]# /usr/sbin/rhn_register
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 22, in ?
    from up2date_client import repoDirector
  File "repoDirector.py", line 12, in ?
  File "rhnChannel.py", line 129, in getChannels
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

> (sorry for crosspost to rhl-beta)
> Adrian
>

> --
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.