/usr boot time dependencies

David Necas (Yeti) yeti at physics.muni.cz
Wed Aug 20 07:36:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 07:13:24AM +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:

> "sort -u" is a GNU extension. I am not sure we should rely on it.
> Up to someone else to decide. I wouldn't use "sort -u".

Are there any plans (or even real possibility) to replace
GNU textutils (coreutils) with something else in RHL?  Or is
the script intended to work on IRIX too?

If no, what's the problem with using a GNU extension on
an essentially GNU system?

Regards,

Yeti

--
Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.