/usr boot time dependencies

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 20:31:37 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:10:26PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Florian La Roche wrote:
>
> > More important would be to get some awk/grep lines into a form that
> > people feel is well supportable as well as being fast enough and
> > sane.
>
> For the case of getting interface information, the 'ip link' and 'ip
> -6 link' examples i gave in my mail to Pekka should be quite portable
> and are dependent only on ip and awk.

> pekka?

He's catching up.

While I also own the awk rpm for RHL, I am myself not using it too much.
Improving exactly those places in our scripts has several times been
decided within RH, but then got also dropped due to resource problems.
Mixture between you and Pekka looks promising. ;-)

greetings,

Florian La Roche