Open Ports for Linux (was a very different topic)

Dax Kelson Dax at GuruLabs.com
Tue Aug 26 08:14:45 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 21:06, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> Depending on a firewall as the only protection is not a solution. There
> are too many people who probably will turn off RH firewalls because the
> one in 8 and 9 broke too many NFS etc environments.

I got fed up with breakage and submitted a patch that was accepted.

The *new* RH firewall that will be in 10 and RHAS3 no longer breaks RPC
apps.

Tell Bryan Croft hi for me when you see him tomorrow.

Dax Kelson