RH Taroon Beta Open Ports

Dax Kelson Dax at GuruLabs.com
Tue Aug 26 08:05:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 09:27, rhldevel at assursys.co.uk wrote:
> Which local processes? We've already heard about sgi_fam, and we already
> know about NIS and NFS, but is this really worth leaving it listening on
> external interfaces in a _default_ install?

Incorrect.

You are forgetting what you yourself stated in the message that started
this whole thread.

You said, "I've just done a "complete" install of Taroon on a scratch
box, with iptables firewalling disabled."

We/you are NOT talking about a _default_ install.

The whole premise for this entire discussion is flawed.

Dax Kelson