recent redhat-artwork/Bluecurve updates (w/ screenshots)

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at rogers.com
Tue Aug 26 18:59:00 UTC 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:40:36 -0400, you wrote:

>I figured that it made sense to have the larger icons for the time being
>so that some of the icon sizing stuff might get sorted out. I will
>probably switch back the icons to the smaller size regardless -- it
>depends on what makes the most sense, though.

Well I also vote for the smaller size icons after my brief try of the
new theme today.

However to me the biggest problem (and why I have gone back to the
original version) is the removal of the visual hints of the boundaries
of the in use window.

With the original version there appears to be some 3D hinting as well
as the blue corners at the bottom.  Thus I can quickly see the limits
of the current window on a screen that as 10 or so applications open.

The new version I found that the various applications blended together
and I had to stop and think which part of the screen belonged to the
app I was using and which was from an app that was behind the current
one.