up2date and apt/yum repositories

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 19:53:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 03:41:39PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > > You can't just use whatever the header.src.info points stuff to?
> >
> > 	How do I find the header.src.info file?
>
> It's  always in headers/ if the repository has had yum-arch -s run on it
> (in yum 2.0.1 or better)

	I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing it placed into the headers/
subdir of SRPMS, which doesnt really help me, since I dont know
how to find the SRPMS subdir (I don't specify them seperately
atm... I suppose I could, but I'm not sure how to handle old
non-src having yum repos). I would like to see the placement
of the RPMS/ and SRPMS dirs standardized (or pointed at by
some standard metadata file or whatever...). Basically, just
looking for a way to specify one url and be able to reliably
find src and bin.

	Having a seperate repo type for yum-src seems a bit
odd as well. But I guess thats more inline with the way yum
does it with seperate repos for src and bin packages.

Adrian