RH Taroon Beta Open Ports

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Aug 26 20:49:23 UTC 2003

> > No reason to replace SAMBA with NFS. They work fine together. Just be
> > aware that using 100% one or the other will lead to unpredictable
> > results.
>
> How's that? I've used 100% NFS setups without problems for a long time.
> Never had "unpredictible results". It's adding samba, more specifically
> MS Windows into the mix that causes problems.

I think you missed my point. If you are just using POSIX type systems, use
a POSIX type file sharing protocol. If you are using SMB type systems use
a SMB type file sharing protocol. If you are using both types of systems,
use both sharing protocols...

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com