LVM + RAID not correct handled in rc.sysinit?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Fri Aug 29 07:08:40 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have a problem on RHL 9 (didn't check with Severn yet):

In rc.sysinit LVM activation is done on 2 places with a comment for
the second time "it could be on top of RAID".  This is correct,
but the RAID volumes are *only* started if they appear in /etc/fstab
(without noauto), so RAID volumes used in LVM will never be started,
and 2nd take of LVM initialization will never have any effect!

I see at least that it is not working in a case I have here, and
looking at the rc.sysinit script I think this will never work.
Is this indeed the case?

I'll look at Severn later today and bugzilla it.

Thanks,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>